- Your child will complete a one-hour informal assessment. The results of this assessment, along with any formal assessments your child has received, will guide the planning for your child’s one-on-one lessons.
- Strong command of the alphabetic principle is the foundation to reading and writing. If deemed necessary, this critical first step will be addressed through our unique, multisensory printing method.
- Your child will attend one lesson per week with a highly skilled and dedicated tutor. The lessons will be delivered using the Orton-Gillingham method. Lessons are multisensory and tailored to your child’s needs.
- Lessons can be delivered online or in person. Online lessons can be very convenient, effective, and engaging. We are happy to discuss what format would be best suited for your child. In person lessons take place in our bright and spacious tutoring rooms in north west Calgary. We do not offer lessons in your home.
- After each lesson, your child will be provided with a practice book that covers the new material that was taught during the lesson. Practice should take no more than 15-20 minutes, five times a week. The practice books are clear and divided into 4 easy steps that include targeted practice for reading and writing. This unique feature of literacy unlocked, allows you as the parent or caregiver, to observe your child’s progress in real-time.
“Kaitlyn has been supporting and teaching my daughter for 2 months and we have seen such an improvement. My daughter has begun to correct previous bad habits with the new set of skills Kaitlyn has taught Charlize. Charlize’s reading has improved, and she is beginning to enjoy it and take an interest in reading. Kaitlyn uses strategies and techniques that create a fun, educational environment for my daughter. My daughter says, “she is awesome” and we think so too!’
Ready to get started?
Have more questions?